Textiles Naturales represents the educational services offered by Anna Champeney Textile Studio and Lluis Grau, Spanish basketmaker, based in the Ribeira Sacra, Galicia, north Spain (2 hours from Santiago de Compostela).
- Short summer courses and activities in weaving, basketry and natural dyes
- Guest accommodation for up to 4 clients / students.
- Week-long intensive courses for groups of up to 6 students (weave) or 8 (natural dyeing or basketry) in Spanish or English. Dates by arrangement.
- Craft projectsin collaboration.
- Lectures and Talks – Anna Champeney Estudio Textil is on the UK Association of Guilds of SWD Speakers´ List and is available to give illustrated talks on Spanish Folk Textiles, Spanish Folkcrafts and the work of the Textile Studio.
- Articles and Essays
Anna Champeney Estudio Textil – Anna is a regular contributor to magazines and journals in England and Spain and she has contributed to exhibition catalogues and books such as Reclaimed, Acclaimed (Resurgence Magazine, Catalogue written for the British Council) and The Journal for Spìnners, Weavers and Dyers (UK). Her special subjects are Spanish folk textiles, Educational Weave and Natural Dye articles, and Craft in Society / Craft.
Lluis Grau is joint-author of Los Ancares basketry, published by the UK Basketmakers´ Association.
- Exhibitions and international exchange projects – the studio has over 20 years experience in initiating, organising and participating in exhibition projects and collaborative exchange projects both in the UK and in Spain.